Tweet of the week


"What should we title our article about Todd Frazier maybe leaving town for Texas?"

"How about: 'Is Todd Frazier Leaving Town for Texas?'"

"Perfect. What about a subhead?"

"Hmmm, try this: 'Is Todd Frazier Leaving Town for Texas?'"

"Wow, this is great. So far I have: 'Is Todd Frazier Leaving Town for Texas?: Is Todd Frazier Leaving Town for Texas?'"

"Love it."

"Now, when we tweet this article out, how should I describe what the article is about?"

"Are we still talking about the article about Todd Frazier leaving town for Texas?"

"Yes."

"Try this: 'Is Ocean Counties very own Todd Frazier leaving town for Texas?'"

"Beautiful. By inserting 'Ocean Counties' in there you've really avoided any redundancy. Oh- should I spell 'Counties' as plural instead of possessive?"

"Of course. Here's why. There are multiple Ocean Counties in New Jersey and none of them own Todd Frazier. Because he's in Texas now. Hes there's now. Hes Texases' now, is what I mean."

"Got it, makes sense. Last question. I don't want to give away the answer to our rhetorical questions right in the tweet, but I'm having a difficult time finding the right wording. Here's what I was thinking: 'Is Todd Frazier Leaving Town for Texas?: Is Todd Frazier Leaving Town for Texas? Is Ocean Counties very own Todd Frazier leaving town for Texas? Yes.'"

"That's pretty good, but it does kind of give it away. How about this: 'Is Todd Frazier Leaving Town for Texas?: Is Todd Frazier Leaving Town for Texas? Is Ocean Counties very own Todd Frazier leaving town for Texas? According to reports the Toms River native is heading for the Lone Star state to join the Texas Rangers.'"

"That still gives it away, but with more words. MUCH better."

"Yes, now people will definitely click the article to find out more."

"Yep, now I just have to finish the article. Here's my lede: "'Is Todd Frazier leav-'"

"I can't do this anymore."

Comments