Update part III

Beginning this week, my new column will start appearing in both of our papers…hooray beer!

Here’s the gist: We publish two weekly papers here, The Glendale Star and The Peoria Times. My new column will be called – get ready for pure genius – “Big Time Sports, A-to-Z.” The “A-to-Z” part is a subtle nod to the state of Arizona! Sometimes I really don’t know where I come up with this stuff. It’s a gift, I guess.

Anyhoo, for those who don’t know, the Arizona Cardinals play IN Glendale, and their new stadium is like, right down the street from where I work. They’re a huge part of the community here, and I’ll be “covering” them throughout the season. Besides Cardinals’ losses, I’ll also be covering other things that happen at the stadium, like Monster Truck Rallies and college admission exams! Well, not so much the latter, but the former is a strong possibility. I may even be covering the Phoenix Coyotes (that’s hockey, I think) and Spring Training when it rolls around again.

I’ll be posting my weekly columns on the blog, so everyone who was wondering where they could turn for their questionably accurate Arizona sports news can breath a sigh of relief. I only get 600 words though, so you’ll notice that the columns will be considerably shorter, yet much more action-packed!

I’ll post my first column on Wednesday, and it’ll be the extended version (i.e., the version I had written before I found out that I only get 600 words). I’ll try to keep Wednesday consistent as the posting date. I’ll also keep the classic cards coming, as well as other crap.

If anyone is, for whatever reason, unsatisfied with the column in merely blog form, let me know if you’d like a subscription to either paper. In the meantime, here’s to hoping that the new column becomes even more popular than the old one, which would be slightly above “not very.” I’ll take it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Congrats!
CMB said…
Sounds great Mike!! Looking forward to reading your AZ critiques. If you cover the Diamondbacks, be sure to kick Randy Johnson for me.
Anonymous said…
I can't wait to read about all your other "crap" and the A to Z bit is BRILLIANT! Congrats! (In case you can't guess who this is b/c it's anonymous, it's your youngest sister)